Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Monday, November 14, 2005


Cabaret hybrid L.A. style

My pal and fierce dancer/choreographer/aerialist Miss Liza Rose is part of this urban slick jazz cabaret with dames called the Toledo show down in Santa Monica on sunday nights. Somehow when downtown comes to L.A. it gets cleaner and better dressed. I have always thought live music was the shit in L.A.... the bands are tighter, the chicks/dudes are tighter...everyone is bright and clean and slick -- even at the loft parties downtown. In NYC live music so erratic and often screechingly bad or just ill produced with condoms stuck to the bottom of your feet and you go like WHY? Why did I pay 10 bucks for this loud shadowy shit? So as much as I bitch about how everything takes five millions years in l.a. and no one goes out, and the only difference between rich people and poor here is how nice their TV's are.... I gotta hand it to the live musicians and performers. They're cookin' . And usually color coordinated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home