Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Air Guitar as a beacon for the new asian america

I went to the screening of "air guitar nation" in the AFI fest in Los Angeles mostly to support my friend and former chink-o-rama cohort MC Chink Daddy aka C. Diddy who happens to also be the kickinest air guitarist in the world as evidenced in this filmed account of his meteoric rise to win the International Air Guitar championships in Finland in the USA's first ever official entry to this decades old competition. And I was so very proud as C Diddy resplendent in Hello Kitty Breast plate, moved and rocked across the big screen demonstrating his total commitment to the form. Of course it is retarded but it is a part of pop culture history and a part of rock n roll zeitgeist and Diddy's natural passion for metal and freedom to express that as an american! was what jazzes me most about this bip in history. Not once in the film is his asianness called into question. We meet his parents his fiance and high school sweetheart and we see him go on Kimmel and Stern and race is never an issue, despite his sardonically rockin spandex hello kitty chinatown kitch rock god ensemble! This is the future people. When Asian americans are allowed to rockkkkk with a nod to their place in the multicultural mosaic, but with the backing of their country and their fellow rock gods as they compete on the world stage for the USA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home