Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Thursday, March 29, 2007


Midget strippers on New years Eve

Actually midget burlesque dancer is the correct nomenclature for the lady in the picture with me. She often shows up at Earl’s parties and events and this New Years Eve at Joes Pub it was a good rockin time with Slanty Eyed Mama, Penny Arcadde, Mike Albo, The Dazzle Dancers and many more. I fuckin lovelovelove the city I call home and it is mostly because this is where I can wear a gun holster corset and get my photo taken on New Years Eve with a midget burlesque dancer. I know this exists in other cities. I know that the drag scene in Raleigh NC is kickin and that the girls at Jumbos Clown Room in Silverlake work the stage like no one’s business and that Atlanta has Blondie and that Toronto had El Convento Rico, the finest nightclub salsa drag cabaret in the world and that the Rock N Roll on sunset strip is LIVE and that private clubs in London has better fashion and more cool than a room full of Velvet Underground, but…still….in New York you don’t have to really go anywhere special to be in a special place. You don’t have to make reservations or get in a car or show up on the right night or have a reduced admission pass or be on anyone’s list. Honey if you are here, you are the list. And everywhere you look, someone is pulling the art out of themselves like a string of cum covered pearls with a strawberry on the end; everyone is participating somehow in the collective project of surviving and staying in a good mood and enjoying the rush of 10 million people who are proud to be part of the loud brash genius of this place. I love it so much. I bring it with me wherever I go. Everyone is always like, are you from New York? And the Torontonian, Melbournian, North Sumatran in me says YES. Because it is the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home