Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tiffany in Beverly Hills Party for Dogs and Rich Ladies

A wonderful party crash opportunity came through a friend of mine who moonlights as a publicist here and PR person for events.


Party crash tip #3 : Have friends who are publicists/PR people and do them favors. Lend them your car. Write copy for them when they are in a crunch.  Invite them to stuff.


So it was a pretty fab party outside Tiffany on Rodeo drive given by the Amanda Foundation, red carpet was for cast members of True Blood, and also showing up were the Mayor of L.A. and Bill Maher who I guess are into dog adoption rescue thingys. It's a pretty popular cause here in LA, the Ace of Hearts Foundation also rescues dogs on the day they are euthanized and all have a ton of celeb support.  This one had a costume contest for dogs (it's halloween) a silent auction, an open bar (love that even though I dont drink much I support free cosmos in skull shaped shot glasses and sake) a buffet of seafood, veg dishes and sweets.  Pretty nice spread. I bid on (and won) a juvederm treatment from a bev hills doc and brought my cousin Tommy from Jakarta who takes pictures for some Italian Fashion mag. The best was talking to some very intensely botoxed real housewives lookin chicks holding their little pooches dressed like princesses and cowboys.  The winner was a pomeranian who lit up like liberace on opening night at the MGM Grand. He is on the extreme left of the picture with all the white ladies holding their dogs on a stage.

Going to this kind of thing makes me feel rich. And poor all at the same time. However I did get an excellent discount on my next round of face injectables which only seems right when you spend half your time living in holly-weird.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home