Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PERFORMANCE ART I DRAW THE LINE AT SALMONELLA


Quick fast blog here. I was doing a 3 song set for a friend in downtown LA opening her art show of GORGEOUS paintings of America in disrepair taken from a cross country road trip she made in search of buildings and things that had been abandoned. Gorgeous. LA has a nice scene of "happenings" that spring up randomly especially at art galleries and fire pits. For this one I became accidental MC. It was mostly performance artists. So lemme just break one down for you. She puts on a video of nature and deers and stuff. She goes around in a cape with a red riding hood basket and hands out fistfuls of raw hamburger meat. She drops cape, and is nude with big bush. She affixes a fox tail to her ass and dances around in front of the nature video. There is some ironic music playing cant remember because I am too busy gagging from the smell of raw meat all around. I have successfully avoided it by wandering out of reach everytime her weirdness approached. At this point in the story lance was like "Yeah, So?" To which I reply, "i know not that big a deal." More naked dancing and she actually picks up a taxidermied fox carcass thing and starts waltzing with it as the crowd of about 30 hold their meat. Yeah, so? Then the music changes a little and she one by one goes up to each person and eats the raw hamburger out of their hands. Sorry. That's my limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home