Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FIRE IN QUEENS NEW YORK





Wind can either blow out the candles and you get your wish, or fan the flames of a burning building. Outside the All Saints Church on 46th st in Queens, a crowd stands watching a building burn. No one really talks. No one is smiling. People are taking pictures to bring home to their apartments which hopefully are not on fire. The top floor windows are all melting. There are black clouds of smoke all over the neighborhood which reflect the early evening sun and make the sidewalk look very very bright. I am watching everyone watch. Firetrucks all up and down Skillman ave. A shitsu in the window of a limo looks at the people. The firefighters are stomping around in the top floor windows you can see a think layer of orange on the ceilings above them. Everyone watches and waits thinking it could be me. The statue of St Francis of Assisi is small and covered in soot in the courtyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home