Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

crashing a stand up show is harder than it looks

The good news is that stand up comics are actually very very generous to each other about stage time past a certain level. (if you don't suck or look like you don't suck.) so there is a thing where you can say "I am a comic" and get into most comedy clubs for free sometimes even your friend gets in too.  You have to be ready for them then to say hey you wanna do 5? ten? headline? so if you indeed arent a comic, that can be awkward. OR if you are one and you have just finished a meditation retreat in the backwoods of Western Australia that involved 2 hours of didgeridoo playing right over your FACE and big gongs clanging to clear your inner child of resentment and create compassion towards the parents who made you so depressed comedy seemed like a good idea, you might wanna rethink this technique. I didn't. And it wasn't pretty tonight at the Little Creatures Brewery in Fremantle by the ocean where i perpetrated shrill incomprehensible comedy on a very beer-soaked audience who mercifully were too drunk to really gice two shits.

Party Crash Tip #5: If it is a comedy club say "I'm a comic from " (insert exotic far away place or city here).  This gets you in. but you might have to perform.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home