Kate Rigg Kulturefuk

I, the polymorphous perverse subculture vulture known as Kate Rigg, am getting too old to remember my own sordid and trashy stories. I'm blogging so that my future self can be a voyeur into my own voyeuristic dips into culture. Kulturefuk math: Gumption=access, I may not last long on this tasting spree in the world of kulturefuk, but for now, as they say at a vogueing competition: It's ON.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Anna Wintour has great hair always but is it eternal?

Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you think there is a great pool of collective source from which we all shimmer forth and manifest as these variously rotund creatures dancing the tarantella until we return to that all knowing all encompassing place? I wonder if these things matter to Anna Wintour. I wonder if she has time to think about THE BIG QUESTIONS. Because man her hair is always perfect. I saw her at a Donna Karan trunk show, I saw her tonight sitting in the same box as me at the Public theater-- immediately noticed her awesome snakeskin like coat and sparkly perfectly sized necklace which was a cluster of colored crystals over a very cool black and white a line dress. The hair was PERFECT. that bob. the body, the shape the shine. Does she have a blowout every goddam day? and the nails! and the shoes?! how the fuck long does it take to just get dressed. and then go work a long day and then see a show and hob knob with David Byrne. Did she listen to the Talking Heads? Does she know the lyrics to burning down the house as I do-- bopping slightly off tempo in my room imagining him in that suit made of astro turf in the big screen version of the doco i saw as a teenager. Her entourage of one coiffed gay also had perfect i mean perfect nails. Do they think about the intersection of different religions and how cultural hegemony can ruin a minority teenagers life? I mean other than when someone at a podium at a benefit is talking about that and using big words and hosting the celebrity auction? The reason I am asking is: if I were to attempt to have perfect hair and press all my clothes and shine everything and get facials and alla that all the time, would i still have time to read Rumi and feel my heart open at sacred music and write and go to rehrearsal rooms? Is it one or the other-- coz the math isnt adding up in favor of me having that divine, glowing sheen of perfection to create a barrier between me and everything messy in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home